1. The property may be offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by
the managers to the renter (‘the client’).
2. To reserve the property, the client should complete and sign the booking
form and return it together with payment of the initial deposit. Please note that any monies paid may not be
refunded in the event of cancellation. The client is strongly recommended to
arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy including cancellation cover
and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings and public
liability etc since these are not covered by the owners insurance. The
deposit constitutes part of the total rental fee. Bed linen, bath and hand
towels, Electricity, cooking gas, hot and cold water are always included.
Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the managers will send a
confirmation statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rental is due not less than 60 days before
the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the
due date the managers reserve the right to give notice in writing
that the reservation may be cancelled and the deposit retained by the managers. Reservations made within
70 days of the start of the rental period require full payment at
the time of booking. In cases where the rental period commences
within one month of booking we require notification of payment within
48hrs of receipt of the booking form.
4. A security deposit is not required in the case of single gite
bookings but may be charged in the case of multiple gite bookings. The
managers reserve the right to claim costs incurred for the replacement of
breakages or repair of damage to the property. Note that the amount of the
deposit may vary and in any case shall not limit the clients' liability to
5. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period e.g. linen
renewal, cleaning service, breakfast pack, babysitting or wine walks must be
settled locally with the managers on the day before departure.
6. Unless otherwise arranged, the rental period shall commence at 16.00 (4.00
pm) on the first day and finish at 10.00 (10.00 am) on the last day. The
manager shall not be obliged to offer the ’property’ before the time
stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the
time stated. The maximum number to reside in ‘the property’ must not exceed
the number stated in the details. No pets are allowed. Smoking is not
permitted inside the cottages.
7. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the
‘property’ and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the
rental period. Music, radio, and other noise must not be at a level that can
be heard outside the ‘property’.
8. The manager reserves the right to claim costs incurred for additional
cleaning if the client leaves the ‘property’ in an unacceptable condition.
The client also agrees not to act in a way which would cause disturbance to
those resident in neighbouring properties.
9. The client shall report to the manager without delay any defects in the
‘property’ or breakdown in the equipment, plant machinery, or any appliances
in the ’property’, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair
and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
10. The owner or manager shall not be responsible or liable to the client:
- for any defect or stoppage temporary or otherwise in the supply of public
services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant machinery or
appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool.
- for any disturbance which occurs in the area surrounding the ‘property’ by
neighbours or other persons.
- for loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather
conditions, riot, war, strikes or any matters beyond the control of the
- for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client
if the ‘property’ shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the
start of the rental period. In any such event, the owner shall within 7 days
of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid
in respect of the rental period.
11. Under no circumstances shall the owner’s liability to the client exceed the
amount paid to the owner for the rental period.
The contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including
formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in
Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be
brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in